Subject RE: [IB-Architect] UDF replacement: native shared libraries vs. J ava
Author Leyne, Sean
-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Chapman [mailto:jason@...]
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 2:06 PM
To: IB-Architect@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [IB-Architect] UDF replacement: native shared
libraries vs. J ava

<snip>

That depends, we run with 1.6GB of db & 1gb of RAM. This means that a
significant part of the db is in memory...<snip>

Jason,

(as a point of reference, more that a comment of your statement)

As I understand it, without adjusting some of the IB parameters, in
fact, your 1gb of RAM may not actually being used for the db (or by the
OS).

I recall reading somewhere that NT uses a maximum of 512Mb for it's file
cache. In that case, you would need to specifically configure IB in
order to it to "force" the other 512mb to be used for it own purposes.

Sean