Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Security holes...
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 4/2/00 09:29 PM (Sunday), Emil Briggs wrote:
>How strong is the encryption? Also how will the Open Source
>release of Interbase deal with encryption/legal issues?

I'm no expert at this but I think the encryption used for hashing Interbase
login passwords is the same one-way algorithm widely used in Unix. The
source is available and has been translated from C into Object Pascal. (I
use a procedure in some Delphi apps to encrypt passwords in my client app
before they are used by the Interbase server. Works great.)

I don't think there is a big security hole here. At least there are bigger
security fish to fry than this.