Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Thread-safety of gds32.dll
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:35 AM 20-12-00 -0500, you wrote:

>No conspiracy, Helen. Threads didn't exist when I wrote the
>engine. When Borland acquired the product only one OS supported
>threads (Apollo).

Whoa, no conspiracy implied. Just that I've seen a 3-tier system in a
commercial environment using IB 5.1 that has about 70 users talking to a
middleware connected using the 1-user LIBS developer licence as shipped
with Delphi 4 C/s (i.e. no remote licensing.) I was just curious about
the thought that gds32.dll might have been deliberately crippled to make
this dangerous (as well as illegal).

>If Borland had intended it to be thread un-safe, I'm sure it would
>be thread safe today.

Now, now...be nice.

H.
All for Open and Open for All