Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Next ODS change / RLE Encryption
Author Craig Stuntz
Marcelo Lopez Ruiz wrote:

> I've tried it on Spanish, and it works quite nicely, too. It requires two
> passes on compression, though (unlike RLE).

I'm sorry; I don't think my post was clear. Yes, I agree that Huffman
encoding should work well on any language. However, you can avoid the
two passes by using known character distributions in a language. This
is what would be different from one language to the other.

A two-pass system would work well on any language, with the obvious
performance tradeoffs.

-Craig

--
Craig Stuntz Vertex Systems Corporation