From: Ann Harrison [mailto:harrison@...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 9:59 AM
To: IB-Architect@egroups.com
Subject: [IB-Architect] System table change

I am considering making a short term change to the way
the sub_type field is used on numeric datatypes. The
change would define a sub_type of 0 or NULL as the native
type (short, int, int64, float, double). Sub_type 1
indicates that the column was defined as decimal. Sub_type
2 indicates that the column was defined as numeric.

When we make an ODS change, I'd like to add a column to
rdb$fields called rdb$precision, to hold, (surprise) the
defined precision. That will involve extending dyn and
a few other things.

Comments?

Ann