Subject RE: [IBO] Random "field not found" errors
Author IBO Support List

This is likely due to using STATE instead of “STATE”.

This is a reserved word that needs special treatment.

I recommend that you rename it to something else.

Jason

From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com ]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:17 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Random "field not found" errors

Hello,

since a few releases I'm getting some "field not found" errors by using a IB_Cursor. It happens randomly, so I can't say exactly when it started. My feeling is with the release Version 5.7.7 [Build 2340], but not sure.

I'm using some IB_Cursors to gather some data for a dashboard: counts, sums etc. There are SQL statements like these, for instance:

----------------
with IB_Cursor1 do begin
    Close;
    SQL.Clear;
    SQL.Add('select count(ID) as SOMECOUNT, STATE');
    SQL.Add('from TABLE_A');
    SQL.Add('where (ID > 0) and (STATE > 0)');
    SQL.Add('group by STATE);
    Open;
end;
----------------
select
    count(TABLE_A.ID) as SUM_ID
from
    TABLE_A
    inner join TABLE_B on TABLE_A.ID = TABLE_B.REF_ID
where
    TABLE_A.ID > 0 and TABLE_B.STATE = 3
----------------
select
    sum(TOTAL) as SUM_TOTAL
from
    TABLE_A
where
    (TABLE_A.ORDER_DATE >= :DATE_FROM) and (TABLE_A.ORDER_DATE < :DATE_TO) and (ID > 0)

Sometimes when I open that dashboard, I'm getting errors like

"Field SOMECOUNT not found"
or
"Field SUM_ID not found"
or
"Field SUM_TOTAL not found"

When I close the dashboard / the application and open / start it again, if often works with the same data, the same code the same everything. Sometimes it needs 2-3 more attempts, sometimes it works directly at the first attempt / start.

Not idea what is going on. It happens randomly and it happens with the current release as well (Version 5.7.11 [Build 2388]). Never had such problems with older versions.

Any ideas?