Subject RE: [IBO] I'm having an issue with comments in my Stored Procedures.
Author IBO Support List
It would be better to use TIBOQuery.InternalDataset.ExecuteDDL() method.
There is no need to prepare and then execute such a statement. Just execute
it right away directly. This is more efficient.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of jonathanfabricioseibel
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:12 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] I'm having an issue with comments in my Stored Procedures.

I'm having an issue with comments in my Stored Procedures.

Procedure Script:
Create Procedure Test
Returns (
R_ERROR integer)
As
Begin
R_ERROR = 0; /* Comment Test */
-- Comment Test
Suspend;
End

I'm using IBO Components to run this script into a Firebird DataBase, but
when i open this procedure with IBExpert the comments have disappeared.

I noticed that when i run the script with a TIBOQuery (using ExecSql) the
comments disappear, but when i run with a TIB_Script (using Execute) the
comments still there.

Am i doing something wrong or is it suppose to be that way?