Subject RE: [IBO] Value out of range error when inserting into a table
Author IBO Support List
I think a bit more information would be helpful. I'm not sure what to advise
you at this point. You don't specify in what manner you have a generator on
the primary key. If it is in the trigger then the client will not be aware
of it in some cases.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Terry Black
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:43 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Value out of range error when inserting into a table

Hi, I am inserting records into a table using a for loop

For j := 1 to 10000 do
begin
qrMain.insert;
qrMain.FieldByName('Team').value := 'xxx';
qrMain.IB_Transaction.CommitRetaining;
end;

This is a simple for loop to add 10000 new records, however, I am getting an
exception class EIB_ColumnError with message 'Value out of range'.

I have a generator on the primary key.

Thanks

Terry