|Subject||working in a multithread enviroment|
I need some help in order to understand an use the IB objects components. Version 4.9. Delphi XE2.
So far I have a normal Desktop application that use TIB_Query (and the same palette components) form normal insert, display, edit, delete.
However I use TIBOQuery for all my reports.
So far no problem in use.
Now I want to reuse ALL my reports into a WebApplication (using Intraweb components). The application is exact the same with the desktop application except is web based.
I'm stuck into an AccesViolation problem. (IB_Session is nil at some level).
I put on my "common data module" the following objects. (in this order).
1. TIB_Session (name = ibspMain)
2. TIBODatabase (name = dbSourceRapoarte)
3. TIBOTransaction (name = trSourceRapoarte)
any report is connected (design time and also at runtime) to all the 3 components from this unit.
the query from the report is named qMain.
qMain.IB_Connection := UserSession.dbSourceRapoarte;
qMain.IB_Transaction := UserSession.trSourceRapoarte;
IBOQuery does not have any property like "IB_SESSION", or Owner or similar.
1. How can I be sure from design time (or run time if possible) that my IB_SESSION is created first (as I see that is required)? and from multiple discussion I understand this is the principal issue.
2. How to arrange my code to work with design time components?
3. Is there any demo project to explain this ?
tks a lot