Subject Re: [IBO] Can't delete DatabaseName in TIB_Connection
Author Markus Ostenried
On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 17:17, squidsrus85 <squidsrus85@...> wrote:
> I have a TIB_Connection that I have typed in the Path to the DB, but now I can't delete that path.
>
> I need to leave that open so that I can assign it at run time. I know I can do that anyway, but I am wondering why I can't delete it in the Object Inspector.
You can use the BeforeConnect event to set the relevant properties
(see below) at runtime.

> I delete it then hit "Enter" and back it pops.
This property is calculated from Protocol, Server, and Path
properties. It will get parsed into those properties if you make
changes to DatabaseName. Not sure why it doesn't like being empty, you
could look into its source code ;)

> I will simply delete the TIB_Connection and put a new on it it's place to get around it for now.
I'm setting the values for my development db in the object inspector
and at runtime in BeforeConnect I read the values (Protocol, Server,
and Path) from an ini file.