Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Trouble with Insert Into
Author Markus Ostenried
On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 02:58, squidsrus85 <squidsrus85@...> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Wow, thanks, that's very generous of you. Just reading through that code has given me a great insight into what is required to set up a database and table.
>
> I have been using IBExpert, but I think I will revert to the pure form of creating tables from code as you have outlined. It will help me with visualizing what is going on.

You're welcome. Like Helen suggested I use IB_SQL which is included in
the IBO source and execute my scripts there. To edit them I suggest
you use a tool with syntax highlighting, like Notepad++.
And there's nothing wrong with using IBExpert as long as you look at
what SQL it generates and learn from that how things are working. Or
you can have a look at FlameRobin which is a nice open source admin
tool for Firebird. Or you can write your scripts and execute them in
IBExpert -- there are many ways =)

HTH,
Markus