Subject Re: [IBO] Renaming Firebird fields programmatically
Author Terry Black
Hi, yes it's for display purposes. I can use FieldsDisplaylabel or FieldsGridLabel properties but this only gives me a temporary solution. Each time I open the application there will be an increasing overhead of remembering what field has been renamed. There are about 150 fields. So far I have used FieldsDisplaylabels.

Changing the field names may also cause me problems as I may have to have some way of knowing what they are called e.g qrGolf.FieldByName('xyz').value

Terry

>>> Marcin Bury <mbury@...> 5/05/2011 3:31 pm >>>
Terry

What is your exact purpose for changing field name in the database??
It seems that you do this for displaying purposes...

You can always use field aliases in your sql statements
or FieldsDisplaylabel and FieldsGridLabel properties.

Marcin