Subject Re: [IBO] Still a rtl120.bpl error using Intraweb DBGrid
Author Jason Wharton
Pete,

> Jason,
>
> Have you had a chance to review this error? I didn't mean to be
> non-helpful regarding putting up a test project, just that it would take
> about the same amount of time to simply create a new Intraweb application
> as to go to Sourceforge and download a project -- the database settings
> needing to be set no matter what.

[jlw]
Time isn't the direct reason for sample apps. The main reason is to
eliminate confusion. If you post a sample app that you have confirmed
exposes the problem then I have something definitive to work with. So often
I have tried to go after a bug from scratch and wasted time floundering
because I couldn't get it to reproduce. But, I can at least give it a go and
if nothing comes up report that and we can go from there.

> It's almost a show stopper for us, though we can simply fill non-database
> visual components with dataset values stored in generic object lists.

[jlw]
This sounds like a bit of a pain.

> And I re-ask about tighter integration with Intraweb. I'm not sure how
> much you've used it, but it really is an amazing product in allowing web
> application development without really knowing anything about the Web. It
> would be so much better to use native Firebird components rather than the
> IBO component set required for the Visual Intraweb database components. Do
> you have a rapport with Chad Hower?

[jlw]
I know Chad pretty well. Have hung out with him on more than a few occasions
at conferences, etc.

I never could quite get the hang of it but once I get my D2009 release
finished up this is something I would be willing to look into.

Thanks,
Jason Wharton