Subject Re: [IBO] IBOQuery with record locking
Author earnesttse
Dear Paul,

Yes, IBOQuery should only discover a lock when I try to edit the row,
not on reading the rows. In fact, IBOQuery try to raise record
locking conflict error when read the record. I don't know why.

I trid to do this:

1. Insert one master record and one detail record only into the
database file.
2. User A start a transaction and edit and post the detail record.
3. User B open a sample IBOQuery to read the detail table (there is
one record in the table only): Select * from Detailtable order by
Sqno;
4. User B will get record locking conflict error when call open of
the IBOQuery (LockWait=False).

Actually, User B just use IBOQuery to read the detail table. I didn't
call edit command and there is no code in the event of IBOQuery.

Thanks for help!

Earnest