Subject Re: [IBO] IBO 4.5 & Firebird 2: objects remain in use
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:43 PM 6/03/2008, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a problem with objects, remaining in use.
>IBO 4.5 Firebird 2.0

Not a happy combination. IBO 4.5 doesn't support the new features that came with Firebird 2 and above.

>I have one DB connection in application, separate transaction and querys
>on each form. After openning a form and openning few querys, procedures,
>used in those querys are in use and can not be modified (trivial). After
>i close the form (querys are also closed and transactions rolled back),
>procedures remain in use and still can not be modified.
>We use TDatase compatible IBO components.
>
>Why can such thing happen?

It is meant to happen. Once a SP or trigger is in the cache, it can't be modified until all users are logged out.

>Is there a way to fix it?

Not broken.

>Does it have affect on over all database performance?

Well, obviously, if you are trying to mix metadata updates with user operations...

Helen