Subject RE: [IBO] Lookup sizing issue
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:33 PM 7/05/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Helen,
>
> >And you still haven't confirmed what kind of linkage you are using
> >here. It should not be master-detail
><http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=402930/grpspId=1705007183/msgId=
>41394/stime=1178501099/nc1=4507179/nc2=3848551/nc3=3848642>
>
>The Grid:
>- DataSource points to the IB_Query for T1,
>
>The LookupCombo:
>- CustomPopup points to the LookupList.
>- DataSource points to the IB_Query for T2.
>- DisplayField points to MT_DESCRIPTION;
>- GridLinks --> MT_DESCRIPTION=ACM_MACRO.MACRO_MT_TYPE.
>
>The LookupList:
>- DataSource points to the IB_Query for T2.
>- GridLinks --> MT_DESCRIPTION
>
>The T1 query is:
>
>SELECT
>MACRO.MACRO_ID,
>MACRO.MACRO_MT_TYPE,
>MACRO.MACRO_DESCRIPTION,
>MT.MT_DESCRIPTION AS MacroType
>FROM ACM_MACRO MACRO
>LEFT JOIN ACM_MACROTYPES MT
>ON MT.MT_TYPE = MACRO.MACRO_MT_TYPE
>
>KeyLinks = MACRO.MACRO_ID
>KeyLinksAutoDefine = false
>KeySeeking = false
>
>ColumnAttributes Macrotype = computed
>

>T2 query is (used by the LookupCombo, LookupList) :
>Select *
> From ACM_MACROTYPES
>
>Keylinks --> MT_TYPE = ACM_MACRO.MACRO_MT_TYPE
>KeyDescLinks --> MT_DESCRIPTION = Macrotype
>KeyLinksAutoDefine = false
>KeySeeking = true
>KeySource --> The IB_Query for T1
>
>I hope this is the information your requested.

Yes, it is. Ummm...if you are using IBO 4.7Build16, I would not be
astonished if you found a problem with your KeyLinks and
KeyDescLinks, though this probably isn't directly related to the
DisplayWidth problem. Do make sure that you have the
FieldsDisplayWidth for MT_Description set explicitly and at a wide
enough value to accommodate the longest description....this will take
a certain amount of trial and error unless you are using a monospace
font for displaying the list.

If you discover that the Keysource/Lookup linkage is producing odd
results, double-check your EditSQL for that joined set. It is not a
naturally updatable set so I can see the potential for unexpected
results due to your Keysource and Keylinks using table identifiers
while the set in the main grid is using aliases.

About all this can do for you right now is give you some places to
explore. I'm outa here now until Thursday night our time.

Helen