Subject RE: FW: [IBO] Filter
Author Jason Wharton
Here's the fix for this in the ExtractFilterClause() in IB_Parse.pas unit.

Its around line 6245:

var
tmpCnt: integer;
tmpPos: integer; // Add this variable
begin { ProcessItem }
AName := PluckFirstToken( AFilter, true, false );
// Add what's below here
tmpCol := nil;
if ( AFilter <> '' ) and ( AFilter[1] = '(' ) then
begin
tmpPos := getLitsRoundSafePos( ')', AFilter, 2 );
if tmpPos >= 0 then
begin
AName := AName + Copy( AFilter, 1, tmpPos );
System.Delete( AFilter, 1, tmpPos );
end;
end
else
// Add what's above here
tmpCol := BDataset.FindField( AName ); // Line indented

AOper := GetRelOps( AFilter );
AFilter := Trim( AFilter );
tmpNOT := false;
if AOper = '' then
begin

Please let me know if this resolves the problems you are confronting.

Also, just so you know, when I implemented the Filter capabilities it was
specifically to be compatible with the BDE filter syntax. What this means
is, your use of this property was not consistent with its documented
behavior.

What I have done constitutes a feature enhancement rather than a bug fix. I
know it worked before, but it was due to luck rather than my intentions.

Thanks,
Jason Wharton