Subject Re: [IBO] TIBODatabase Paths & Aliases?
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:36 PM 22/09/2006, you wrote:
>I'm swotting up on Aliases and paths etc and I am puzzled about
>getting TIBODatabase to accept the alias.
>
>I have created a "Test" entry in the aliases file.
>
>When I type "Test" in the "path" property of the TIBODatabase and then
>examine the TIBODatase by right clicking & "edit component" I see that
>the path is entered in the "Database" field.
>
>When I close the TIBODatabse editor window and re-examine the path
>property, it has been reset to the path name not the alias name. In
>which case how can I retain the alias name?

Don't worry about it. It only writes that if it encounters a Nil
entry in Database. Make it a point always to use Path, Server and
Protocol and avoid the traditional VCL hard-wiring of the whole
Database string or use of Params.

You can use the Database property for some developer-friendly name if
you want, doesn't need to resemble the database name in any way.

Helen