Subject Re: [IBO] BDS2006 Installation problem
Author Colin
Hello Helen,

Thanks for your help.

What I did last night...

Uninstalled IBO completely
Deleted IBO*.* from every folder on all of my hard disks, from every
location after extensive searching
Verified that I was free of the previous installation of IBO
Cold Reboot
Re-ran the installation program
Specifically documented all responses to questions in the
installation process so I could check after installation
After Installation completed
I found 9 IBO*.BPLs in the Projects/Bpl folder
I found another 9 IBO*.BPLs in Windows\System32 folder
I found 18 IBO*..DCUs in the IBObjects\D2006 folder (registered as a
library path)
Convinced myself that all files were visible to BDS2006
Started BDS2006
Loaded Contact.dpr from IBO samples

Compiled - Compile failed with "[Pascal Fatal Error] DM_Contact.pas(14):
F1026 File not found: 'IB_Script.dcu'"
Also it looks as if BDS2006 cannot find IB_Export as it is
red-underlined in the code list
Loaded Actions.dpr from Samples - Compiled OK but does not run as it
says my Employee.IB is corrupt

In order to find a trend I tested all of the other project in the
Samples folder ~ results as follows

Arrays - Does not compile: IB_Script.dcu missing
ArrayTest - Does not compile: IB_Script.dcu missing
BlobInserts - Does not compile: IB_Script.dcu missing
IBOQuery - Does not compile: IB_Script.dcu missing
InMemFilt - Does not compile: IB_Script.dcu missing
Blr - Compiles and Runs
BrowseItems - Does not compile: IB_Script.dcu missing
Company - Does not compile: IB_Script.dcu missing
CSDemo - Does not compile: IB_Monitor.dcu missing
Ctrlgrid - Compiled, Does not run - "unsupported column type: 0"
Events - Does not compile: IB_Events.dcu missing
IBOISapi - Compiles - Not tested for running
KeyLinks - Compiled, Does not run - "unsupported column type: 0"
LookUpCombo - Does not compile: IB_Monitor.dcu missing
MasterLinks - Does not compile: IB_Monitor.dcu missing
MidiApp - Does not compile: IB_Monitor.dcu missing
SVC_UCCSync - Does not Compile NetMasters DCU's not in the IDE
PriceList - Does not compile: IB_Script.dcu missing
SearchingLinks - Does not compile: IB_Monitor.dcu missing
Survey - Does not compile: IB_Monitor.dcu missing
TDataSet: IBOQuery - Does not compile: IBODataSet.dcu missing
TDataSet: MasterDetail - the cnMasterDetailBeforeConnect method
reference... does not exist Remove?
- Does not compile:
IBODataSet.dcu missing
TestScan Compiles and Runs - fails with a runtime divide by 0
Threads - Compiles fails at runtime with "Invalid property value"
for each thread

I am 100% convinced that all DCUs and BPLs are visible to BDS2006.

Am I still missing something? Are there items missing in the
installation kit?

Please believe me that when I say I find this situation so frustrating.
I would like to give IBO a real and fair evaluation.

I use other component packages such as Jedi, TMS and ESBPCS (product
names owned by their respective owners). These all install with no issues.

regards

Colin Kemp