Subject Re: [IBO] My project doesn't work on a computer without BDE (FOLLOWUP)
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:28 AM 24/02/2006, you wrote:
>Follow up to my previous message...following the steps listed on the
>IBObjects website I didn't convert the TDataSource objects...was I supposed
>to convert those to some IBObjects equivalent?

No, the TIBO-- components are designed to work with the TDatasource
and the VCL controls.

>-----------

>I'm not sure if this is the problem exactly, it's giving me a
>
>"Cannot open file "". The system cannot find the path specified"
>
>Error...I'm thinking it is the BDE...at any rate how do you I insure there
>are no BDE dependancies in my program?

Remove all of the stuff in your TIBODatabase to do with paths,
aliases, etc. and use the properties Server, Path and Protocol.

Server: if you're on the same machine as the running server,
localhost; otherwise the network node name of the server in yr
network that is running Firebird.

Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\examples\employee.fdb. Don't use any
windows share names, etc., it designed NOT to work with them.

Tip: use Firebird aliases. In aliases.conf, make an entry exactly
like the Path property above, with the alias you want to refer to it by, e.g.

emp = c:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\examples\employee.fdb

Then your Path entry will be emp

Protocol: select cpTCP_IP.

Then go to your query objects and get rid of any DatabaseName
properties. Find the IB_Connection property of the query object and
select your TIBODatabase for it.

For now, you needn't worry about the IB_Transaction property. Leave
it nil and IBO will assign the embedded transaction of the
TIBODatabase to it at run-time.

Helen