Subject Re: [IBO] Help with IB_Datasource Controls Generator
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:44 AM 8/08/2005 -0300, you wrote:
>Hello to all,
>
>I'm trying to use the Ib_Datasource Control Generator, and I have some
>doubts...
>
>I'm used to put in dataModules all IB_Query's and IB_DataSource's.
>So, I'm not getting success on dragging the fields from DMs and
>dropping them at another form, like frmOrders. I always get a
>'prohibited icon' (I don't know how to call this in english. It's that
>icon of a circle cut in half diagonally) when I try to drag the fiels,
>even if I change 'Parent' to the form I want to drop. Is that correct?
>
>If I put one IB_DataSource at frmOrders it works properly. But, then,
>I need to remap the dataSource property of the generated controls and
>point it to the dataSource at DM.
>
>Am I doing something wrong on trying to use? I didn't found anything
>about this at IBO help or at Getting Started with IBO...
>
>Can anybody put a How to... here?

I've never heard of this "Control Generator" feature.

If I understand what you want to do, you want to move the datasources out
of the forms and centralise them in the datamodule, where the datasets are
located.

Simply cut (Ctrl-X) the datasource from the form and paste it (Ctrl-V) into
the datamodule. Adjust the properties; make sure that the form has the
datamodule in its "uses" clause; then re-link the controls on the form to
the appropriate datasources, using the drop-down in the dataset's Object
Inspector.

Don't forget to open the DPR file and move the datamodule's
Application.Create statement upward, so that it is created before any forms
that use it.

Helen