Subject Re: [IBO] How to know the size of result set before fetching?
Author Eyal
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Lester Caine <lester@l...> wrote:

> Basically - until you have looked at and counted all the valid
> records, you do not know the count. So you need to run the query to
> get the answers. Running a simple COUNT can give you an idea of the
> number of records to be returned

Thanks, maybe I will indeed try a COUNT query first, although it may
be expensive under some circumstances.

I thought that RowsSelected is supposed to reflect that number of rows
in the result set on the server. Apparently it does something else.

I wonder is there's anything in the IB/FB API that can be used to
retrieve the number of selected rows before fething.

Regards,

Eyal.