Subject R: [IBO] for Jason: TIBOQuery vs. TFIBDataset speed test
Author Enrico Raviglione
Hi Lester,

I have sended my e-mail to Jason only because in the last 2-3 month i
have already sended to him a lot of other e-mail and an example.

No problem for Delphi i use only C++Builder.

Here my first e-mail:

>>Hi Jason,
>>i use IBObejct from about 3 years but there are a problem that now i
must solve. At 95% i use only TIBOQuery, TIB_Cursor and TIB_StoredProc.

>>The problem are: in some case i must open a large number of query
because i have some complex Form with a lot of lookup-combo-box and for
any of this combo-box i have a different table/view/sp.

>>With TIBOQuery components opening a large number of tables (or a large
table) are alwais "a long job" for my applications.

>>Then i have tested FIB Plus component and with my surprise i have
discover that there are a very big difference in time needed for opening
a TIBOQuery or opening a TFIBDataset.

>>In my little test, when i only open a lot of query on a database, the
result are:
>> IBO open all queries in 1 minute and 5 seconds;
>> FIBPlus open the same queries in 7 seconds.
>>
>>The test are made with 2 different version of the same program, only
IBO/FIB Plus components are different. The >>connections are made in the
same manner to the same database on the same PC.

>>I made some other test with different PC (from Celeron 700Mhz to
Pentium IV 2,8Ghz) but the result is alwais
>>the same IBO need more and more time to make the same "prepare and
open" operation.

>>How this ?
>>Do you think to make some test/correction/improvments for speed-up
TIBOQuery at open time?

I mailed you privately the download address of my example.

Best Regards.

Enrico Raviglione

IDEA Sistemi s.n.c.
Via Burolo, 30