Subject Re: [IBO] Timeout for search
Author Rick Roen
Yes, I used the TIB_Listbox control in association with a TIB_Edit
control to do a search for items in an order entry form. The
TIB_Listbox control did not respond to any settings on the timeout
in the TIB_Query, so now I have converted over to the TIB_LookupList
which does respond with the settings you mentioned.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the TIB_Listbox control, but the
timeout seems to be hard-coded without regard to the settings in the
associated DataSet, and like you mentioned there is no property to
AllowTimeout.

Thanks,

Rick

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 11:28 PM 12/05/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> >I'm trying to find the property that controls the timeout that
> >triggers a new search when in search mode.
> >
> >I have a TIB_Listbox that I am searching through a list of item
names
> >using an incremental search, so for example when the user
presses "T"
> >it will go to the first "T???" item, then the user presses "O"
and the
> >first "TO??" item is located and so on. My problem is the timeout
> >where the accumulated search string, i.e. "TO" is so short that
the
> >user has to type fast to get more than a few letters into the
search
> >string before it clears itself.
>
> Increase the IncSearchKeyInt value of the dataset. It represents
the
> number of milliseconds that will elapse before the search key is
cleared
> and the characters will start being added to a new key.
>
> Some controls have the AllowTimeout property which can be set
False to