Subject Re: [IBO] Firebird and Interbase on the same machine
Author Steve Harp
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 03:44 PM 12/05/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> >--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:

> > > I'm not sure whether you do or not....Running two servers isn't
> >necessarily
> > > your main problem. Have you thought how you are you going to
> >connect to
> > > both servers, each needing its own client library, from a single
client
> > > program? Run two programs beneath some kind of marshaling program,
> >perhaps?
> > >
> >I had assumed that I could setup 2 data modules and two TIB_Connection
> >components. This should allow me to handle 2 connections to 2
> >different database servers. If I could specify the port and client
> >DLL, this should work (or wouldn't it?).
>
> On that side it should work. My query was about the client side - the
> client library - how you would manage to load two different client
> libraries (gds32.dll for InterBase and fbclient.dll for Firebird)
into one
> application...

In the Firebird data module I'd include the IB_FirebirdSession unit
you mentioned earlier and in the Interbase data module I wouldn't.
Assuming that the server engines are not running on the local box and
I'm using cpTCP_IP for a protocol, would a single application be able
to access both clients?

Steve