Subject Re: [IBO] How to uninstall Interbase
Author Lester Caine
Steve Harp wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I installed Interbase v6.5 on my machine and it's completely screwed
> up my Firebird v1.52 installation. I've tried uninstalling Intebase
> and reinstalling Firebird but I'm still getting "unavailable database"
> errors and IBO is trying to read the interbase.msg file from an
> Interbase folder that no longer exists. I've looked through the
> registry and tried to remove suspect references to Interbase and I've
> completely removed the Interbase folder. What else can I do to get my
> machine working again?

Just re-install Firebird?

You may be able to simply recover the situation by running instreg.exe
and instsvr.exe from the firebird\bin directory. There are notes on
using them in the release notes. Which will also tell you that you will
get more support on the firebird-support list. This is not 'restricted'
to IBObjects problems ;)

--
Lester Caine