Subject Re: [IBO] Client library mystery (rewritten)
Author Mark Pickersgill
To force your app to use the fbclient.dll in your application's path,
create an empty file of the same name as the exe, with a .local
extension. eg:
MyApp.exe
MyApp.exe.local

From memory, win2k+ may not look at the local application path first to
load libraries...it has some other weird and wonderous path it takes
(particularly if the dll is setup as a shared DLL).
Reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsetup/html/dlldanger1.asp
http://home.att.net/~raffles1/dll_loading_rules_in_win32.htm

However, given your comment about even replacing the file in the
system32 path, I can only suggest doing a thorough search of your entire
drive for any gds32.dll or fbclient.dll files and figure out which
should be where.

My suggestion would be to:
- leave the IB 7.5 client library (gds32.dll) in the system path
- use the fbclient.dll method as Daniel Rail explained for the Firebird
application
- use the .local file trick to force your firebird application to look
at the fbclient.dll in your application's path.

cheers
Mark