Subject [IBO] Re: TIB_Syncursor problem
Author Steve Fields
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 10:43 PM 27/03/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >Still no thoughts on fixing this?
> >I have tried an older version of the program,
> >with minor differences, on two computers side-by-side,
> >where the changed field reflects on both computers.
> >With the new version, same two computers, new compile,
> >changes do not show. All DML flags are set in the programs
> >and in the database, the SynCursor is prepared, the
> >DML$IBOCACHE table shows changes (added records), the
> >cursor on the second PC even flickers on saving the record
> >on the first one, but the data does not change in the
> >changed field.
>
> Did you change something about how your OnDMLReceivedItem handler works?
>
> Helen
Helen,
While thinking about my response I went back and checked on
the test application I sent to Jason and noticed that I had left
off one item that may have made the difference: TIB_Edits were not
on the test app. On the new test app I placed a TIB_Grid and a
TIB_Edit. When I went to another PC and tested this setup. I received
a different response: The grid reflected the change of a single field
and the TIB_Edit linked to the same field did NOT change. All of the
DML flags, database setup and synccursor matched, essentially, the
app that I had been using for many months. Now that I think about it,
duh, is that the only changes I had to make that were not 'simple'
were to all of the TIB_Edits in the app. I think then that the links
in the TIB_Edits may have been disconnected during development mode
and not reattached. I am going to send an e-mail to jasn with this
new app change. (Your handler question reminded me that I had even
tried forcing the changes using the OnDML Changes events regarding
the TIB_Edits)

Thanks much,
Steve Fields