Subject RE: [IBO] for Jason: TIBOQuery vs. TFIBDataset speed test
Author Jason Wharton
That sounds much longer than necessary.

If you would, please send me a DDL script of your database and an example
app that represents this problem where I can click a button and see what is
going on.

More than likely there are other things being done up front with IBO that
may not need to be done and I can show you how to defer them and there may
be other things that could cause other internal statements to be prepared
that with FIB there are no other internal cursors to prepare. However, it
is these internal cursors within IBO that give special capabilities that can
shave off lots of time while users are interacting with the application.

Also know it is true IBO is a little slower when preparing a bunch of
datasets than the other products like FIB because they are so trim and
simple. THere are things IBO has optimized performance for and preparing
datasets is one spot where I have put some of the burdens to make other
things faster.

Jason