Subject Re: [IBO] Transactions
Author Lester Caine
Robert martin wrote:

> We have a large processing block that I have surrounded by one
> transaction as if any part fails we want to rollback and retry. However
> the process is now much slower! With autocommit and default IBO
> transaction it takes about 0.4s to process. With an explicit
> starttransaction / commit it now takes 11s !!!

OK Autocommit would process each action at once, start/commit will wait
until the commit before doing the 'housekeeping'. I presume that if you
single step this in the debugger, the main loop is quite fast, but the
commit takes the time? In 'innards' of the block is unchanged between
the two versions?

It is not particularly disturbing when a commit takes a little while,
but the jump here seems perhaps a bit larger than I'd expect.

--
Lester Caine