Subject Re: [IBO] This is a potential problem -- exception from IBObject
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:46 AM 13/10/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>I'm really scratching my head here. There must be something in
>fbclient.dll that is not thread-safe. Enabling Hyperthreading will
>cause strange failures as well, even though I'm only running one
>thread (i.e. CommitRetaining clears the posted record from the dataset
>occasionally while in non-HT mode, it retains them faithfully).

Since you didn't reflect back, I'll ask again: are you trying to do this
stuff with LOCAL connections? You *must* use local loopback if you are
threading connections....the access violations tell me that you possibly
haven't taken that key thing on board. Note also that EACH thread must
have its own ib_session (explicit, drop down from the palette) *and* the
session must be the first thing created in the thread.

Helen