Subject Re: [IBO] Sweepinterval...
Author Robert martin
Hi Alan

Good advice, we were thinking of once a week as a good time to do it. We would keep a copy of the backup as an 'extra' backup above whatever our clients are doing. How do I check the restore is valid before I copy it cover.

Rob Martin
Software Engineer

phone 03 377 0495
fax 03 377 0496
web www.chreos.com
Wild Software Ltd
----- Original Message -----
From: Alan McDonald
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 12:27 PM
Subject: RE: [IBO] Sweepinterval...

> We are going to have our users do a backup and restore on a
> regular basis so I guess that means we can ignore the need for
> manual sweeps :)

just watch the exact method you use to restore.. i.e. don't overwrite your
database, ensure your restore is valid before renaming files to their
original disposition... and doing this nightly is overkill IMHO - once every
six months is great.. in between time do a scheduled backup and restore to a
dummy file to check things are good and healthy. this can be done nightly if
you wish. This utility is great for the nighly routine
http://www.is.svitonline.com/ddking/

Alan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor