Subject Re: [IBO] Stored Procedure / Fields not Displayed
Author Lucas Franzen
jaguarius2003 schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I created a stored procedure to do some calculations for me a few
> months ago and put it into my program at that time. It has been
> working fine but recently I needed to add a few return fields and
> update the procedure.
>
> I was using a Stored_Proc control, but I switched to a IB_Query. For
> some reason, the new fields show up when the dataset is made active at
> deisgn time but they will not show up in a control or a grid while the
> program is running. I am perplexed as to the cause.
>
> Is there a limit on the number of fields that can be returned by a
> stored proc, or can anyone suggest a different cause?

Use a TIB_SotredPorc (or TIB_DSQL) component for executable procedures,
and TIB_Quieres for selectable ones.

I don't think you changed your proc from executable to selectbale just
by adding some new fields...

And if it's a executable one for doing some calculations I think it's a
good idea not to show the output in databound controls.
assign the output in TLabels, TEdits or whatever so you don't have the
transaction to stay open all the time...

Luc.