Subject RE: [IBO] Primary differences between IBObjects & IB Express
Author Myles Wakeham
> On 28-Jul-2004 13:20:22, Jason Wharton wrote:
> It would be useful if you gave us a better idea of how you plan to
interact
> with your database.

We are building a Delphi application replacement for our vertical market
software. All the data logic will remain in the database (Firebird) as
stored procedures, and all access to the database by the clients will be
done through stored procedure calls.

Once the data is returned to Delphi, however, we would need the normal array
of grid tools for its manipulation, display, etc. We would like to use the
DevExpress Grid components for this, but could potentially be returning 5000
rows for display in a grid, so I need something that can sustain that type
of grid interface.

I hope this helps explain our needs.

Regards,
Myles