Subject RE: [IBO] AsXML in TIB_Query
Author Jason Wharton
I recommend you use a 3rd party XML generation tool that works with the
TDataset. I am not out to roll my own XML generation tools. That was put
there as a quick and dirty rudimentary XML output, but it is way immature.

If I'm not mistaken, there is very good XML support via TClientDataset.

Regards,
Jason Wharton

-----Original Message-----
From: williamvdw2004 [mailto:williamvdw2004@...]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 7:05 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] AsXML in TIB_Query

I am using IBO in a database tier. The record sets need to be passed
back over a socket in XML.
I use the asXml property of TIB_Query to get xml for the recordset.

On the client side Xdom is used to parse the XML document. Xdom fails
I guess because there is more then one root element, quotes and alike
are also not encoded is there any quick way around this?

Thanks
William