Subject Re: [IBO] Re: support for 2 transactions in ib_query
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At July 6, 2004, 07:52, Alan McDonald wrote:
> I wonder why, then, I see only the records in my buffer being retrieved (In
> Monitor) and not all the records leading up to the start of the buffer
> record.

Have you noticed that TIB_Query has a run-time property called
"BufferHasBof"? I'm starting to guess that TIB_Query's buffer manages
itself so that it doesn't take too much memory resources.

> I do notice that my habit is not to call IB_Query.Refresh, but to call
> transaction.Refresh. Does this make a difference?

It doesn't seem to be much of a difference, as long as you don't have
a lot of datasets attached to the transaction component, otherwise it
could be a costly operation. Read the help for more detail.

> And why do I not see all
> records being retrieved?

My guess is what I stated above(in regards to BufferHasBof).

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail