Subject JASON Re: [IBO] TIBOQuery & n-tier updates
Author constantijnw
Hi Jason,

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...> wrote:
> >> Since you've got the parameter names properly connected up, this
> eliminates
> >> the mismatched params catch. Because TDSP is managing params,
it's quite
> >> possible that IBO needs to wrap the TDSP to have it handle them
correctly
> >> for TIBODataset.
> >>
> >> This has to be one for Jason, I think.
> >>
> >> Helen
> >
> > Anyone using IBO components with TDataSetProvider? Perhaps Jason can
> > tell when TIBOStoredProc can handle selectables; would be nice.
>
> There is currently a problem with parameters and the latest
sub-release. I
> am working on a fix for this. Try the latest prior to the last
sub-release
> and let me know if it works for you.
>
> It would also help me if you sent me a simple example so I can for
sure know
> I am addressing your issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason Wharton
> www.ibobjects.com

IBO & remote data modules are still magic to me. However I will show
(hopefully) a way which could work (next week?). I use
TIB_SQL.ExecuteImmediate with dynamicly build SQL insert/update/delete
statements. For selects I use TIBOQuery. One thing seems clear to me:
something like a working TIBOStoredProc would make a nice solution,
and something like TIBOCursor is missing.

How about the new Firebird example database? Is it available already?