Subject Re: IB_Cursor
Author russellbelding
Hello Jason

From your note I'd guess you are loading and creating Delphi forms
and their attached TIB_Query's at program run time. If so you are
opening the 20 queries at load time. This may be the cause of
a "pronounced pause". Still in guess mode, have you considered

There are other reasons for having a "pronounced pause" at program
run time, especially in the delphi/IBO logic used to connect to your
database. For example, the way you use the TIB_CONNECTION.connect
function.

I have more than a hundred TIB_Query's in a program, and my forms are
loaded only on demand. Connection to a DB is "fast", but can be
slower when I in test connect to a DB server on a tiny and slow
laptop which needs its disk to spin up again.

Hope this helps,

Russell

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "jaguarius2003" <jaguarius@c...>