Subject RE: [IBO] Re: Speed difference between TIBQuery and TIB_Query?
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:41 AM 24/05/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Helen,
>
>Can you please explain "- don't forget about GROUP BY for getting totals."
>Up until now I've been running a separate dataset to display totals, are you
>implying there's an easier way ?

No, in this context we weren't talking about an interactive application, we
were looking at a utility routine whose only purpose was to loop through a
buffered dataset and accrue a total. That can be avoided by pulling the
total over as a singleton returned into a TIB_DSQL using a GROUP BY query.

Helen