Subject Re: [IBO] configuring IBO 4.3Aa for FB 1.5
Author russellbelding
Thanks for your note Artur

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Artur Anjos <artur@a...> wrote:

> Hi Russel,
>

> russellbelding wrote:
>
> > (snip)
> > In the FB 1.5 release notes (ver 1.08) the program instclient.exe
is
> > discussed. This discussion seems to me to be tentative and I draw
no
> > conclusions from it. However, after installing FB 1.5.0.4302
server
> > taking the default options, I observed a GDS32.DLL was installed
in
> > the system32 folder and this GDS32.DLL properties say it is for
FB
> > 1.5. Better yet this file allows my application to work with FB
1.5
> > and IBO 4.3Aa. FBCLIENT.DLL was installed only in ...Firebird_1_5
> > \bin. (Is that intended? I would have thought it would also be
> > installed in the system32 folder.)
>
> Yes. That's the default.
>
> > In my software package I have no client install. Program files
are
> > copied to a client PC from a file server, and the gds32.dll file
is
> > copied to be in the same folder as my main executable file.
>
> I use this method also. What I do is simple rename fbclient.dll
from
> /bin to gds32.dll and send it with my install.

Is a solution this simple? If so, wonderful. The FB 1.5 release notes
say the instclient.exe program changes the version string to 6.3 and
looking at its version string it has been changed to 6.3.0.4306
whereas the FBCLIENT version string of 1.5.0.4306. If you are using
this only for IBO, perhaps IBO does not check the version string?

Regards

Russell