Subject Re: [IBO] "Failed to post all datasets" weirdness
Author Ryan Nilsson-Harding
I have finally found the piece of erroneous code!

Just in case anyone else comes across this, the problem was that I had
not marked a particular calculated field as such in the
TIB_Query.properties

Actually, the problem may be in my design & I'm sure there's a better
way...

Could someone shed any light on this?

I have a "currency" field in my dataset (TOTFIG) which 'may' have a
value entered from the user.
If this value is NULL, I have a Calculated field of the same name
(TOTFIG) which is included in the OnCalcFields event.

I have a feeling that having an actual field AND a calculated field of
the same name in a TIB_Query is poor design.
Can anyone shed some light on what might be a better design in this
circumstance?

Rgds,
-Ryan

PS This is an old piece of code from the previous BDE-based version of
this app, and is the only place where a FieldName & a
CalculatedFieldName are the same