Subject Re: [IBO] IBO4 Installation Crashing IDE
Author Shaq
I have uninstalled D5, D7, and D8. I have deleted all bpl files
associated with IBO. I did a complete install of D5 and I even
hacked the paths as suggested. I am still having the same problem.
I can compile all the packages fine...but as soon as I install the
first design time package I get the AV error.

I can install other components okay like Indy and some other ones.
It seems only to be a problem with IBO.

-Shaq

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 06:27 AM 23/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
> >Yes I have delete all the old bpl files. I installed my machine
> >from scratch so I shouldn't have old bpl files laying around from
> >older version of IBO. I have deleted all the bpl files that I can
> >find and am still having the problem.
> >
> >I have Delphi 5, Delphi 7, and Delphi 8 installed on my machine.
> >don't think this should be a problem because this setup was
working
> >for me before.
>
> It has caused problems for me more than once, to reinstall a lower
Delphi
> when I have higher ones on the machine. These days, if I'm
setting up a
> new disk, I always try to install the lowest Delphi first and the
others
> after, in order of age, to avoid that hassle.
>
> Another thing I *always* have to do with D4 and D5 is replace the
> "$(DELPHI) with the actual hard path in all the library paths. It
would be
> worth a try, at least.
> This problem definitely relates in some fashion to the way the
Delphi path