Subject Re: [IBO] Isolating TransActions
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:03 AM 1/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>thanks for replying helen... i'm using ibo 4h
>I am not entriely sure why i get this behaviour either, but anyway,
>the way i am going through it is as such:
>- transA has a transactionsource, trsourceA.
>- transB has a transactionsource, trsourceB.

What are you using transactionsources for? They are meant for internal use...
Anyway, transactionsources have transactions, not the other way around.

>i have a query, qrB that has transB as it's transaction in the
>transaction property. when i click to insert i can trace through to
>the beforepost of qrB (where if i check the state of transA it is
>tsInactive), then on further tracing it goes to the
>trsourceAstatuschanged method for some reason where the state of
>transA has mysteriously changed to tsActive.
>
>what i am trying to avoid is the trsourceAstatuschanged method code
>which is why I have the "B" transactions.

I don't get what you're doing here at all. Since you don't seem to
understand what is going on in your app, I have to suppose that you are
using transactionsources by mistake.

Get rid of the transactionsources. Link both of the plain transactions to
your ib_connection. Link your two queries to their respective ib_transaction.

Helen