Subject RE: [IBO] Very simple question
Author Malcolm Smith
Jason,

I'm not fussed what gets used. I know I said I'd send something off the
list, but I've just finished 3 hours sleep after another 18 hour day.

Here are my requirements: (if you want my current source code let me know
and I'll send privately).

We have a field in a table that is a small int. We have 16 bits available
to us, so we use this in our application to indicate up to 16 different
logging options (where it is possible to indicate more than one logging type
is available at any given time).

My code currently does this:

- At construction time, the object is passed a list of strings and
associated bit positions. I'd be happy to remove the bit position option
and just pass blank strings for the bits not currently set (to 1).

- The control has properties to indicate the number of columns and width of
each column

- The control has a 'MaskValue' property that does the following:

Read method : Converts 'checked' states to a bit mask value and returns
to user

Write Method : Converts a bit mask value to 'checked' states and updates
the checkbox controls

- When we update our data in the database we write the value from the
'Read' method.

Hence we need to associate the entire control to a single field in a table.
I have not used TCheckListBox so if this can accomodate the same features
then that's fine.

Let me know if you need more information or want to look at my code (which
is in C++). I can whip up a small non-data-aware demo if you require.

Malcolm Smith
Analyst Programmer
Comvision Pty Ltd
http://www.comvision.net.au