Subject Re: [IBO] TCP port settings
Author abedna2000
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Rail <daniel@a...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At October 12, 2004, 13:13, abedna2000 wrote:
>
> > Is there a possibility to connect to IB/FB running on other port
> > than 3050? Best if I could do it with TIBODatabase, like setting
> > DataBaseName to "myserver/1234:c:\data\somedb.fdb", which
> > unfortunately doesn't work :-(
>
> > Is that possible?
>
> Yes it is.
>
> Set the properties as follows:
> IBODatabase.Server := 'myserver/1234';
> IBODatabase.Path := 'c:\data\somedb.fdb';

Hi,
thanks for reply, I hopefully solved that right now! (was already
responding that your suggestion doesn't work either...:-)

The problem was that the Protocol property had to be set up
manually, too.

Before, I didn't specify tcp-port in the connection string and the
Protocol property set itself up automatically. Like:
DataBaseName := 'localhost:c:\database.fdb' -> Protocol = cpLocal
DataBaseName := 'someserver:c:\database.fdb' -> Protocol = cpTCP_IP

Currently I'm connecting to 'localhost' explicitly specifying the
port '3050' (coz I don't know how to setup FB to listen on other
port right now...). I hope it will work the same later, locally and
remotely and on different ports too...?! (else I'm back here very
soon :-)

Thanks
A.B.