Subject Re: [IBO] Converting TQuery to TIBOQuery
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:45 PM 18/07/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>I was using the methode ParamByName of a TQuery and it was returning a
>TParam, but when I wanted to convert my TQuery to a TIBOQuery, the
>methode
>ParamByName returns a TIB_Column which is not compatible (we can't use
>ParamType, DataType, Bound,...). So is there a way to convert this
>TQuery
>without changing the whole code of my application?

You don't have to change it. TIBOQuery's Params property is a TParams, just
as TQuery.

On thing you should understand about the IBO help - it documents only
properties and methods that it implements itself, or re-implements. It
does not document those of the VCL ancestors.

TIBOQuery does indeed have a Params property that is a TIB_Row - an array
of TIB_Column (as the help says) - but this refers to an internal
TIB_Dataset that is maintained as a class wrapper for TIBOBaseQuery.

Normally, you are not encouraged to access the properties and methods of
the InternalDataSet. TIBOQuery publishes all of the internal props and
methods that are applicable to it, e.g. KeyLinks, GeneratorLinks, and so
on. Just use those of the TQuery as before (use the Delphi help) and all
will be well.

Helen