Subject Re: [IBO] IB_Image compression ??
Author peter@cyionics.com
Hi Alan

The best image compression I know of is Jpeg.
It is a lossy compression, but there are lots of free libraries around for it.
I personally would use this over more generic compression libraries.

Rgds

Peter

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan McDonald
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 10:50 AM
Subject: [IBO] IB_Image compression ??

I have a client who is determined to save images in the db.. so I gave him
the ability (boo hoo)
So far only 27 bitmaps have been stored making a nice little 12-15Mb
database get to 57Mb in an instant. I'm thinking of the not too distant
future....

I'm using IB_image and it works very nicely... load from file, copy from
clipboard etc...

Is there a nice (easy) way to compress bitmaps before they are stored into a
blob field? (and of course uncompress them on the way out?

thanks
Alan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor