Subject RE: [IBO] Re: FW: IBO seems slower for some things compared with the BDE
Author Peter McLeod
Will do,

Thanks Jason.

Regards

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: IB Objects [mailto:jwharton@...]
Sent: Saturday 28 June 2003 10:30 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] Re: FW: IBO seems slower for some things compared
with the BDE

I suggest that your database must have a lot of tables/fields/etc and the
queries I have on the metadata are not so quick since there are no default
indexes on metadata tables.

Please examine the queries I use in the SQL trace monitor and see if some of
them are performing poorly. Then, once those are identified, try creating
some indexes that would allow the server to perform those queries much
faster.

It would also be useful to make a TI on this so that we can assist others
who have larger metatada definitions in their databases.

Jason Wharton