Subject Re: [IBO] how to refresh newly added record without refreshing whole dataset?
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:20 AM 27/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear friends
>
>it seems TIB_Query reftesh whole query when u uses refresh or
>refreshkeys to
>refresh newly added records

No, it's not true. If Refresh is called and the only DML in the
transaction was inserts, then IBO will only bring over the new
rows. However, look at the RefreshAction property - this determines where
in the output set the "buffer window" is located after a Refresh. An ORDER
BY in the statement may affect the scope of a refresh, too.

>is there any way to refresh newly(with known id) added records
>without refreshing whole query

See above.

>i mean the way we can refresh existing record by using
>InvalidateRowNum is
>there any function to refresh single new record.by using its PK
>etc..

No, because the PK doesn't exist in the database until the new row is
committed. If you are using AutoCommit, do make sure that your
transaction's Isolation level is tiReadCommitted. If it is tiConcurrency
and you are using AutoCommit, then your transaction won't see your inserts
after a refresh - they will seem to "disappear".

Could you please remove the spam from your email footers? Thanks.

Helen