Subject OFF TOPIC!! Re: [IBO] Using Embedded FB with IBO
Author Shaq
I apologize for posting in the wrong group. I was just trying to
develop an application using the embedded version using the
IBObjects and I couldn't setup the connection component.

The readme file states that the Firebird registry entries are
ignored.

Thanks.
Shaq

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 02:39 AM 25/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >I have stopped the FB server service which was running. I also
> >deleted the fbclient.dll and gds32.dll from the System32 folder.
> >have renamed fbembed.dll to gds32.dll and is in my application
> >directory.
> >
> >I am still getting the same error. It feels like more needs to be
> >done. Could the problem be in the registry?
>
> Yes, in the registry you need a key pointing to the root directory
of your
> installation. It should be:
> HKLM\Software\FirebirdSQLFirebird\CurrentVersion and in there
three fields:

> (Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
> RootDirectory REG_SZ C:\Program Files\Firebird [on my setup]
> Version REG_SZ WI-T1.5.0.3473 Firebird 1.5 Release Candidate 3
>
> You should also look at InstallNotes.txt in the $RootDirectory\doc
> directory, and go to sourceforge for Dmitry's notes about embedded
server:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-
bin/viewcvs.cgi/firebird/firebird2/doc/README.user.embedded